TheBanyanTree: Random

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 12:28:48 PDT 2019

Dear Tobie,

My writing often starts with a thought, which may have nothing to do with me. The first sentence came to me, from someplace unknown. Maybe a glance in the mirror during one of my fugue states, or a glance at someone else's face, or from a picture I saw. I don't really know. It comes to me and then I wrote the rest when I stopped working for the day.

It's not meant to describe me, but a universal condition, and I write because I cannot help but write when things are in my head. I can ignore them, and often do, but I've found it's best when I write. Besides, I am told my brain is dying and it's good to use it.

Come back from where? Why? Do you realize that I have Parkinson's and a damaged brain, and with that also comes a reluctance from others to see I'm the same person I always was? Except more so, because the outer part that holds my emotions in check has been stripped away - it wasn't that strong anyway. I'm mostly in a perfectly fine space, even if others don't think so. Sometimes I cry, but it's usually like a flash storm that comes and goes so fast there's no point mentioning it, and if I do people think I cry constantly. People don't see that I'm many things still. Sometimes I cry because I feel alone, and in that moment I know there is no one I can reach out to because there just isn't, so I keep it to myself.

I never went anywhere to come back from, and where should I come back to? I'm changed, perhaps, but we all change.

My writing is representative of me only in that I wrote it, and sometimes it's how I feel, but it's often fiction, made up of random thoughts and lines that come into my head. It could be a passing thought, or not. No one knows.

But you haven't seen me lately. One of the supports for my face has extensive termite damage, and another has dry rot. (That was just a joke.)

Love,

Monique
Sent from my iPad