TheBanyanTree: Random

tobie at shpilchas.net tobie at shpilchas.net
Sat Oct 19 10:57:53 PDT 2019

Monique dear,

	I’m probably not the only person here who read your post and was surprised that the person you were describing was not herself.  Though your situation is unique (I am unique just like everyone else), your feelings are universal.  They pass. And they come back. And they pass again. And then they come back. But they go away.

	They are always warranted and they are never accurate. They cannot be proven or disproved. They certainly don’t do any good. If anything, they perpetuate the insult. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that woman in the mirror and mourned her utter defeat. And then, damn it, she is deposed and someone more honest takes her place.  The real problem with me is that I feel like I’m deluded to see her go — either way.  My perceptions are stunning to see me crumpled and finished. My perceptions are revelatory to see me arriving in my heart again, relieved and awake.

	You are seeing what you feel, not who you are.  But you know that.  You’re still who you are.

	Sweetheart, what can we do to help? Please come back.

Love,

Tobie