TheBanyanTree: The Divisioin of Department of department

tobie at shpilchas.net tobie at shpilchas.net
Sun Jul 14 15:20:00 PDT 2019

Yup.

	The worst picture ever is very important actually.  You may not know this but once, long ago, when I had my Driver’s License photo taken, it turned out to be GORGEOUS!  Honestly, I couldn’t have hired someone to take a more flattering picture of me.  I felt somehow strangely validated.  I set the old (HIDEOUS) license aside and proudly slipped the new, FABULOUS photo in my wallet.  Maybe I should have made 8 X 10 glossies made for —— well, no one, so that’s why it didn’t occur to me.

	It was that year that my house burned down.  I thought about this long and hard and have come up with incontrovertible evidence that there is causality, and an inverse ratio between the splendidness of one’s official head shot (the ones taken in an instant when you are not quite at your best and the official shooting you probably wished it was loaded) and your good fortune.

	You will be glad to know that all subsequent official photos have been more than adequate in securing a truly sunny future.

Thanks for the birthday wishes,

Tobie