TheBanyanTree: invasion of the ants

tobie at shpilchas.net tobie at shpilchas.net
Tue Aug 6 10:26:27 PDT 2019

Kitty (my very favorite animal),

Some of the errors were due to a recalcitrant auto correct that insisted that weather be whether and other similar infuriations.

	But if you want to see typos and spontaneous immediate ruminations, you ought to see the handwritten version!  My handwriting is what is known in graphological circles as, "legible cryptic". That means that although it appears to be entirely illegible, the writer actually has a personal code that can be read if you learn it.  It’s not code as in, "Get out your Red Rider Decoder Rings, Boys’n’Girls!!"  It’s unconscious, which is why graphology works. We do cast our subconscious selves and personality into our writing.  It’s a fascinating field, only snickered at in the US where handwriting analysis was introduced along with the occult entertainment of the chautauquas.  You know, you had your fortune tellers, your taro card readers, your phrenologists (and their handy circus tent mallets for making lumps where none previously existed), and then right next to them would be the  graphologist.  But in Europe and the middle east and, so I hear, Africa, if you apply for a job, they want your forms filled out in your own handwriting.  Don’t know what’s happened since the internet. There may be people out there who can’t write, but can do calisthenics on a keyboard at Olympic levels.  But, for me, how would you know who these people are without the handwriting?

	Wait.  You didn't ask for that.

Sorry.

Tobie

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Kitty Park <mzzkitty at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tobie, I appreciated receiving (and reading) the unedited Invasion. As your
> brain worked, your fingers grasped the words quickly (although letters were
> sometimes errant in their placement), and conveyed your immediate
> ruminations.  Not pristine as writing is supposed to be, but obviously
> fresh.
>
> I always enjoy what you share with us. This, with the unexpected errors,
> was equally entertaining, because it was spontaneous.
>
> Kitty

I truly believe that there will be a time when the cat people and the dog people agree on a two-state solution.        THS  2014

Tobie Shapiro
mailto:tobie at shpilchas.net <mailto:tobie at shpilchas.net>