TheBanyanTree: PS: STARGAZR

Woofie woofess at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 31 03:09:18 PDT 2016

I forgot to write the funny stuff!

I visited her first in 1997. I was pretty crook at the time because I
had had a serious loss of separation with a friend's dunny bowl, Because
it happened in the US, there was NO way I was going to a doctor there,
even though I had travel insurance. I had heard all the horror stories
of medical costs there! So, I soldiered on, even though breathing was
difficult with smashed ribs. By the time I got to YB's I was only fit
for a bed.. any bed... so I ended up in YB's bed, while poor YB ended up
on her sofa.

Unfortunately YB's bed was a water bed....

Once in a water bed with smashed ribs, there is NO way you can exit the
bed!!

YB had the answer, though.

The answer was probably illegal, but it did work ;)

After a puff or two, I was able to exit the wobbly waterbed with only a
little pain:)

This was A GOOD THING, because we had a meeting with another writer
friend on Galveston island.

This writer was a published writer and who had a regular newspaper
column, used the pseudonym, B.S,Pyle.

YB was really looking forward to meeting this new guy as I had really
strung her along about Pyle.

The meeting was, to put it mildly, a momentous moment.

The look on YB's face when she finally met B.S.Pyle was a classic.

Instead of meeting up with some macho male writer, YB was presented with
a diminutive gentle, elderly lady!

B.S. Pyle was  a ladylike but tough journo, who wrote bitingly sharp satire.

IF YB had never forgiven me for this charade, it would have been well
deserved, but she did.
In fact the meet ended up with us breaking into the Uni of Texas'
Galveston campus to take a pic of the famous ghost on the wall.
We did not get caught, so did not get arrested, but we did see the ghost!
W:)