TheBanyanTree: Dane Pain 😉

Laura Hicks wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:21:25 PDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Barb Edlen <mountainwhisper at att.net> wrote:

> The One Thing that does cause me to wince/flinch in tense anticipation of
> unmitigated straight-from-hell pain is when Willow carries a giant Nylabone
> in her happy & affectionate wanting-to-share mouth. Because. She Randomly
> drops the freakin' heavy giant (no exaggeration!) bone and God Help You if
> your poor defenseless foot happens to be in the path of it, because gravity
> is indeed a bitch, and you will most likely pass out from the pain. My
> badass self (unfortunately) remains conscious as I limp around muttering
> about Nylabones and Lego's being from the same depths of barefoot-pain-hell.

Absolutely. I think that in homes with dogs, legos which are consumed by
dogs come back as nylabones. My "big" Sheltie (she's all of 30 pounds -
she's HUGE! ;) ) loves the spiky dinosaur shaped nylabones. She usually
chews off the feet, heads, and tails, leaving a fist-sized spiky lump which
fits exactly into the arch of your foot. For some reason, she like to chew
these in the hallway, leaving them right in the middle of the floor so she
can find them again easily. Yeah. I consider myself to be pretty badass,
too, but stepping on one of those bad boys in the middle of the night, in
the dark, will elicit a string of very foul, probably blasphemous, language
as I hop ungracefully into the kitchen to look for blood and/or bruising.
Which there never is, even though for that amount of pain, there SHOULD be.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com