TheBanyanTree: Kiva

auntiesash auntiesash at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:40:20 PDT 2016

I've been quite active with Kiva.  I lend through the Nerdfighters group
and the LGBT group.

I also have a couple concerns with Kiva - primarily their association with
some non-inclusive organization in African countries.  That said, it still
seems like a way to decrease world suck.  I'm much less active than I was
but I still have money there and lend/relend funds now and then.

I find the groups helpful for information sharing, pointing out loans, etc.

I've also loaned through 5-6 other microlending platforms.  Each has their
own challenges so I haven't pulled funds from Kiva to go elsewhere.

If you do set up a group, let me know.  I would play.

xo
sash

If people did not love one another, I really don't see what use there would
be in having any spring.  - Victor Hugo