TheBanyanTree: I'm so grateful

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:21:50 PST 2014

For so many things.

For friends who never give up on me, even when I have given up on myself.

For family who are still there, somewhere, sometimes even staying in touch.
(Not a lot, but still.)

For my husband, my dog, my life.

It's all so much goodness.

_________________________

Last night a friend made an announcement on FB. She's been temping, and has
been in a perilous and stressful personal space for the past two years, but
has now been offered a permanent job at a ginormous salary, so she can
start rebuilding her and her daughters' lives. Included in the announcement
was the information that now she can work on the TWO books with me that
we're writing.

Sigh.

I am not writing any more books. I have nothing to say, and what I do have
to say isn't book length. They're not even on subjects I know anything
about: business, and domestic violence. (Really. This was our plan. But
this was a plan long ago, and I've told her I'm not writing any books.)
Okay, so perhaps I know a little about each subject, but not enough to hold
myself out as any kind of expert.

But that's okay, because her attention will drift again and I'll be off the
hook.

2015 is going to be the The Best Year Ever. I know this because 2014 was so
awful in so many ways, many of which you know about. I've been rebuilding
my psyche into a semblance of normality for a new reality. I'm not the same
person I was, and physically I'm for sure not the same (and I have the
scars on my face to prove it, though most of it can't be seen). I'm still
adjusting.

I'm so thankful I can.

What are you thankful for?