No subject

Mon Apr 7 03:41:30 PDT 2014

publication.

This all transpired only days after 9-11 and by the following summer the =
story was in print and Dixcie and I had become friends - email friends.  =
The first time I met her was shortly after the third volume of God =
Allows U-Turns went to print in the summer of 2002.  I took the book to =
her in person.

Since then we still send emails and I asked her to attend the National =
Literacy Day presentation at the store in her town.  She did, and =
brought along friends and relatives.  What joy to relate the account of =
how her story was published.  The people in her town were very pleased.  =
And Dixcie, recalling when the story was written shed tears.  And... the =
best part for me this weekend was the proud smile on her son's face.

Below are the pictures of this account and her unique God-story.  Enjoy! =

Blessings and Peace,

LaRose Karr
Moonflower Ministry Editor

The Eyes Have Spoken (as told to LaRose Karr by Dixcie Slade)
First published in Volume 3, "A Woman's Journey" - God Allows U-Turns=20

I meet a lot of interesting people during my late shift at a convenience =
store in northeastern Colorado.  The day of the attack on the World =
Trade Center everyone who passed through the Outpost was in total shock.

Planes made emergency landings at the nearest airports.  People were =
told to get off and exit the airport without their baggage.  Many were =
stranded with only the clothes and the money that they had on them.  =
Others rented vehicles and held up signs to see if anyone else might be =
going their way.

This went on through the night.  Late in my shift, two vanloads of =
people pulled in and everyone piled out.  My first impression was that =
these travelers were quiet, reserved.  They wandered up and down the =
aisles, to the bathroom, then to phones to call family members.

In the background, a man was having trouble staying in control of his =
emotions.  He must have realized I had been watching, and as we made eye =
contact, I could see there was something in his eyes.  He came up to the =
counter, bent over, and looked me in the eye.  His eyes were tired, =
bloodshot, and misty.  He reached for my hand and quietly told me that =
he and his wife were on their way to see their new great-grandson.

"We were supposed to be on the plane that hit the second tower," he said =
softly.

The hair on my neck and arms stood up.  I searched his eyes for any type =
of joke.  He said that as he and his wife prepared to board that plane, =
he smelled something dead and had a feeling of utter coldness.  He told =
his wife that he could not stay on the plane, so they departed.  Several =
other people who overheard him decided to leave, too.

"When we got off, there were seven people behind us," his wife added.  =
She had looked down the aisle of the plane.  "Several others were =
grabbing their carry-on luggage and following us.  More people outside =
the gate decided not to get on either.  I counted a total of fourteen =
people.  Fourteen of us felt in our very souls that we should not be on =
that plane."

For a moment, it seemed the world stopped.  No one spoke.  The building =
grew quiet.

Then a customer walked up to the couple and broke the silence.  "It was =
an act of God that made you get off." Then he placed his hand on the =
man's shoulder and invited him and his wife to dinner.

I don't know their names or where they were going, but that man, his =
wife, and a dozen or more others had been spared by God for reasons yet =
unknown.  The man and his wife were heading to see a new life.  Perhaps =
that was reason enough.
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C301F2.86590440

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I originally sent this email to my =
digest - so if=20
anyone on the Banyan Tree wants to see the photos...email me privately =
and I=20
will send them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Blessings,<BR>LaRose</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I couldn't wait to tell you this =
story. =20
Saturday, April 12 was National Literacy Day.  Wal-Mart stores =
around the=20
nation were promoting literacy by having published writers =
speak about=20
literacy and reading to shoppers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I signed up for two stores in my =
area. =20
</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As Paul Harvey would say,<EM> "Now =
for the rest=20
of the story..."</EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After 9-11 there was a forward floating =
around the=20
internet with the subject line, <EM>"The Eyes Have Spoken."</EM>  =
The title=20
captured my attention and I was drawn to this email.  It was not =
one I=20
could simply delete.  It was a very short account of a chance =
meeting=20
between two strangers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The story had such magnitude =
that the hair=20
stand up on the back of my neck and I knew instinctively that this story =
must be=20
told.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I did some digging and found the =
original=20
sender.  It was a woman who lives not too far from my =
hometown.  We=20
began corresponding by email.  Her name is Dixcie and I=20
asked permission to get her story published.  From several =
emails=20
- I edited the story and submitted it for =
publication.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This all transpired only days after =
9-11 and by the=20
following summer the story was in print and Dixcie and I had become =
friends -=20
email friends.  The first time I met her was shortly after the =
third volume=20
of <EM>God Allows U-Turns</EM> went to print in the summer of =
2002.  I took=20
the book to her in person.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since then we still send emails and I =
asked her to=20
attend the National Literacy Day presentation at the store in her =
town. =20
She did, and brought along friends and relatives.  What joy to =
relate=20
the account of how her story was published.  The people in her town =
were=20
very pleased.  And Dixcie, recalling when the story was=20
written shed tears.  And... the best part for me this=20
weekend was the proud smile on her son's face.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Below are the pictures of this account =
and her=20
unique God-story.  Enjoy! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Blessings and Peace,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Handwriting" color=3D#800080 size=3D2>LaRose=20
Karr</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Handwriting" color=3D#800080 =
size=3D2>Moonflower Ministry=20
Editor</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Lucida Handwriting" =
color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DMistral size=3D4><STRONG><FONT size=3D5>The Eyes Have=20
Spoken</FONT></STRONG><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> (as told to LaRose =
Karr by Dixcie=20
Slade)</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First published in Volume 3, "A Woman's =

Journey" - God Allows U-Turns </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I meet a lot of interesting people =
during my late=20
shift at a convenience store in northeastern Colorado.  The day of =
the=20
attack on the World Trade Center everyone who passed through the Outpost =
was in=20
total shock.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Planes made emergency landings at the =
nearest=20
airports.  People were told to get off and exit the airport without =
their=20
baggage.  Many were stranded with only the clothes and the money =
that they=20
had on them.  Others rented vehicles and held up signs to see if =
anyone=20
else might be going their way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This went on through the night.  =
Late in my=20
shift, two vanloads of people pulled in and everyone piled out.  My =
first=20
impression was that these travelers were quiet, reserved.  They =
wandered up=20
and down the aisles, to the bathroom, then to phones to call family=20
members.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the background, a man was having =
trouble staying=20
in control of his emotions.  He must have realized I had been =
watching, and=20
as we made eye contact, I could see there was something in his =
eyes.  He=20
came up to the counter, bent over, and looked me in the eye.  His =
eyes were=20
tired, bloodshot, and misty.  He reached for my hand and quietly =
told me=20
that he and his wife were on their way to see their new=20
great-grandson.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"We were supposed to be on the plane =
that hit the=20
second tower," he said softly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The hair on my neck and arms stood =
up.  I=20
searched his eyes for any type of joke.  He said that as he and his =
wife=20
prepared to board that plane, he smelled something dead and had a =
feeling of=20
utter coldness.  He told his wife that he could not stay on the =
plane, so=20
they departed.  Several other people who overheard him decided to =
leave,=20
too.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"When we got off, there were seven =
people behind=20
us," his wife added.  She had looked down the aisle of the =
plane. =20
"Several others were grabbing their carry-on luggage and following =
us. =20
More people outside the gate decided not to get on either.  I =
counted a=20
total of fourteen people.  Fourteen of us felt in our very souls =
that we=20
should not be on that plane."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For a moment, it seemed the world =
stopped.  No=20
one spoke.  The building grew quiet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Then a customer walked up to the couple =
and broke=20
the silence.  "It was an act of God that made you get off." Then he =
placed=20
his hand on the man's shoulder and invited him and his wife to=20
dinner.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't know their names or where they =
were going,=20
but that man, his wife, and a dozen or more others had been spared by =
God for=20
reasons yet unknown.  The man and his wife were heading to see a =
new=20
life.  Perhaps that was reason=20
enough.</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C301F2.86590440--