TheBanyanTree: It never rains

Russ Doden russ.doden at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 07:39:38 PDT 2013

Hello my friend,

It has been long since I have written.  Much has changed with me, but that
is part of the way life is I guess!

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Indiglow <indiglow at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I so appreciate what you have to say.  I missed being there for my
> mother's last moments, but having been there to care for her for an
> exhausting month as she declined took the wind out of my sails.  I never
> found the emotional detachment, nor have I yet some 6 months later.  Thank
> you for sharing.

I know what you mean in the above reply to Kitty's Banyan Tree post.  I was
the care giver for my Mom the last couple years of her life, with the last
6 months being in and out of hospitals and care centers.  It is exhausting,
and at the same time I feel blessed to have had that opportunity.  In one
way I almost resented not being able to "have a life" and in another way I
was glad to be there for her.  It took the wind out of my sails too, more
than I realized.  Seeing her decline, and not being able to do anything
more than provide a bit of comfort drained me.  The last few weeks she
didn't even recognize me - and that was very difficult.  I knew the end was
very near, and I tried to prepare, but no matter how much one prepares,
when it happens, there is that shift from expecting it at any time to it
has happened.  That was a couple years ago, and it took me about a year to
really "let go" and start the process of letting the good memories remain
as treasured snapshots in my mind.  It takes time Jana, but it does
happen.  Just be kind to yourself and enjoy each day as it comes.

Namaste,
Russ

--
Enjoy Life By Living In Joy