TheBanyanTree: It never rains

Kitty Park mzzkitty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 06:32:58 PDT 2013

Peter, you say "day-to-day stuff is beyond my ken."  For me, being involved
in the day-to-day decline of my husband made what was inevitable less
emotional for me.  For those who may find themselves caregivers for the
terminally ill or simply may be curious about the dying process, I strongly
recommend the booklet *Gone From My Sight* (
https://www.bkbooks.com/shop/gone<https://www.bkbooks.com/shop/gone-my-sight>
-my-sight <https://www.bkbooks.com/shop/gone-my-sight> ).  I was given a
copy by my husband's visiting nurse when he began in-home hospice care.

Roy's death became a physical process as I witnessed his progression
through the steps and emotion was set aside as I focused on his care and
comfort.  I regard that year, and particularly those last weeks with him,
as a gift.  It was an experience I will remember and am continually
thankful for.  I learned so much about his strengths and mine.

Janice, I admire you for acknowledging your mother's condition and
prognosis.  You have your own issues to work around but still are making
time to visit with her as you are able.

Kitty
<mzzkitty at gmail.com>kcp-parkplace.blogspot.com
 <http://parkplaceohio.com>