TheBanyanTree: To Those Down Under (Chris & Kate)

Tom Smith trsmith44 at cox.net
Wed Sep 4 13:51:10 PDT 2013

Fascinating contribution, Kate.   You engaged my curiosity about
that earthquake, and soon I found myself searching the web for
more information.  Found a picture gallery that was astounding:
One image particularly stood out, of a building sitting on a car.
It is incomprehensible to me that ANY part of Christchurch
could NOT have catastrophic damage.  Why the west half of
the city would have less damage is mysterious.  The city sits on the
east coast, and I wonder if a tsunami was involved..

Looking forward to seeing more of your writing.   We are a
lucky group to have so many good communicators scattered
around the world.