TheBanyanTree: Midnight Mystery

Mike Pingleton pingleto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:22:57 PST 2013

Tom, I see a sphinx moth.  Once your camera activates, its frame-capture
rate is just a trifle faster than the moth's flight speed.  When the moth
flies in a straight line, the image captures appear to be joined together
into a really odd looking creature.  You'll notice that when the moth's
direction is erratic, the effect is not there.

Creepy cool!

-Mike