TheBanyanTree: Happy Thankssgiving

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 12:03:07 PST 2013

I am grateful for all of you.

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays when the mystery texts start coming
in, and I resort to looking up phone numbers to see who's wishing me a
Happy Thanksgiving.

The first is obvious -- it's my sister-in-law, sending a video of their two
little boys saying Happy Thanksgiving.

The next is from a local number, saying we should get together after the
holidays for lunch or happy hour, because it's been so long since we've
gotten together. The number did not come up with a name, but I respond
appropriately and say, "Of course! It has been too long."

I know it's been too long not because I know who it is, because I don't,
but if they're not in my phone then it probably HAS been too long.

Wait. Is it someone I WANT to get together with? I'll worry about that
later.

The next is, I think, I response to the first, and comes from Katy, Texas.

I don't know anyone in Katy, Texas, so I ask, "Who is this?"

It's a relative of my sister-in-law.

I think I might just send out some random texts myself. What good is having
a phone with unlimited texting if I don't text?