TheBanyanTree: A Panic Attack

Teague, Julie Anna jateague at indiana.edu
Thu May 9 05:46:06 PDT 2013

Yes, she's got it exactly.  Mine used to be of the "I'm having a heart
attack" variety.  They got so bad a few times I went to the emergency
clinic thinking maybe I really was having a heart attack, only to be
diagnosed with "stress".   But in my case, I did figure out the source.
  And divorced him.  I haven't had an attack like that since then.
I've had the heart-fluttering, oh-my-god-these-kids-depend-on-me,
overwhelmed single parent kind of panic a couple of times, but never
again the feeling that I'm trapped like an insect in a jar and am going
to have my wings torn off over and over again until I die kind of
stress.

Julie