TheBanyanTree: I'm Standing in a Snow Globe and coyotes

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 05:50:24 PST 2012

Thanks for  the info. The hunters around here go for deer and the
everplenty wild hogs (on  which there is open season) I don't know of any that target
coyotes, or  know their habits.  Hopefully the coyetes meet the feral hogs
and leave  pasture critters alone.  Nevertheless, I will continue to keep my
mini  horses stabled at night. I might get myself a small calibre rifle
with a scope,  like I used to have. I used to keep the wild things from my
chickens and sheep.
Thanks for the info.

Coyotes do  their best work at night unfortunately.  Less pressure from the
outside  world and freedom of movement without being bothered.  If they are
 bothering the pastures, you might want to do some research and call in a
professional to see if the pack is overcrowded.  If that is the case, they
might want to take a few select from the pack to bring a balance back into
things.  This is getting prime into their breeding season also, which makes
them more aggressive and more traveled, picking their mates, setting their
core  area boundries and such.