TheBanyanTree: Weird Dreams

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 09:30:57 PST 2012

Dreams
My dreams have always been vivid and in color.  I don’t forget them as a rule and if they are negative they can affect my entire day.  I can’t seem to shake them.  I have had several prophetic dreams and they have come true.  I did write them down in my journals at the time I had them because they were SO profound.  At the time I didn’t know why I was writing them and then later I knew why.  I still have the writings in my journals although I can see them in my mind’s eye as if I were dreaming them right now.
Then I have “types” of dreams.
The one that stands out the most is a dream I had when my life was in complete chaos.  I dreamt a completely black field.  Out of the corner of the field came a rectangular shape.  It looked like a furnace filter.  It came forward and also slowly spun up and down and turned counter-clock-wise.  Then I saw a second one come out of the other corner.  It did the same only going in the opposite direction (clockwise).  My job was to control them with my mind to keep one above the other.  But unlike any other dream I had ever had, it was peaceful work.  It went on all night and when I awoke I felt (for the first time in a very long time) refreshed, calm and healed from all the hullabaloo that was going on around me.
I spoke to a dream translator about it because it was so profound and she gave me a paper that came out about dream translations.  She and the paper said that the most calming dream were geometric shapes.  At the time and for many years after that, I could call up the dream whenever I needed to.  It was such a blessing.  In my later years, though I remember the dream, I have been unable to do that.
The second type of dream I have is that I am lost.  Sometimes in a congested city with very steep hills and sometimes in villages.  I try every roadway, alley and path.  Sometimes I am on foot, other times I am driving but I have never found my way.  These reoccur often and tire me out.  I am so exhausted by the time I get up that it feels as though I never slept.
The third type I call my organizing dreams.  I can be organizing a suitcase I am packing, kitchen cupboards, a home, a room and most times all of these are unfamiliar to me.  I work and work and it never gets done.  The worst of these was when I had to put everything in the room under a bunk bed.  The room was lopsided and every time I would get everything under it perfectly, the room would change its “lop” and go sliding to the other side of the room.  Everything I had worked so hard to organize came undone and I would have to start all over again.  It happened all night long, over and over again.  These dreams, too, leave me exhausted.  I work so hard in every one of them.
I try to go to sleep with positive thoughts, I pray, etc. but most times I have the same type of crappy dreams.  I can’t tell you how much I wish they would stop.  Many times I cry in my dreams.  I wake myself up or have such a terrible feeling of sadness the whole next day.  Sometimes when I dream the “lost” dreams, I am terrified upon waking.
All of these have been going on since I was a teen or younger.  My siblings and my mother were also dreamers.  I guess it is an inherited trait.

---- woofie at woofess.com wrote:

> SNIP
> When we got to China there were the anticipated problems with passports,
> taxis (I lost some of you for a while - somehow I just expected that
> we'd all be a lot more travel- competent, especially Woofess, who has
> actually gone to China but seemed to be continually getting lost.)  I
> finally got tired enough of arguing with Chinese officials (oh, yeah, I
> could speak fluent Mandarin - imagine!)

I want that dream modified forthwith! If not, my dream lawyers will talk
to your dream lawyers tonight! I DO NOT GET LOST!

Woof, who will be popping into Theta's head tonight to check that dreadful
slur upon her character has been corrected!
:)