TheBanyanTree: thoughts on a really good run

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 17:57:28 PDT 2012

Beautiful, Julie!  -both your experience and your communication
of it.   I love to hear someone say once in a while that they
are happy where they are.

The cool quiet pre-dawn environment nurses that rapture for
me (plus the freedom to travel in the middle of the streets.)
Did you catch the "morning stars?"   Jupiter and Venus are up
now in the eastern sky at sunrise.  Jupiter is the fainter one
above.  Got a picture of them with a cheap point-and shoot
camera that amazingly revealed their round shapes.  There is
a noticeable change in their positions day by day, and a star,
Aldeberon, that helps give you a sense of how the planets are
moving and where the plane of the ecliptic is.

image at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9482738@N07/7603815482