TheBanyanTree: Another Dog Story

Laura Hicks wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:42:19 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Monique Colver <monique.colver at gmail.com>wrote:

> The living room was a shambles, toys strewn from end to
> end, but since that’s how it normally looks anyway, I just put my feet back
> up and watched him play.

Oh. Are you implying that the living room floor is not *supposed* to be
covered with an even layer of dog toys?  It used to be kid toys, but since
the kids have grown up, it's dog toys. I am very familiar with both of the
games you mention. The one with the trash is not my favorite, because Maya
can't get in the kitchen trash, so she goes for the trash under the desk,
which usually has used tissues in it. She loves those. She shreds them, and
eats the yummy bits, leaving the boring non-yummy bits all over the floor.
This, of course, is a silent endeavor - tissues don't make much noise when
you tear them, so she tends to get away with it unless I'm sitting right
there at the desk.

I don't mind the toy box one so much, but we also have one of the spikey
dinosaurs and it's definitely a "what the hell" toy when you step on it.
The big soft, rubbery, honeycomb ball is much nicer to step on
texture-wise, but it will throw you to the floor if you have bad knees,
like I do.

Maya, a shepherd who has only squeaky sheep, which don't herd well, has
decided that if we won't throw one toy, maybe we'll throw another one, so
she'll bring us all the toys, one by one, until finally the toy box is
empty and there is a large pile of all kinds of toys at our feet,
preventing us from being able to get up without moving the chair. I suppose
she figures if we can't get up, eventually we'll have to throw some of them
just to make room for our feet, and then she can fetch them and we'll be
hooked.  It never works, but that doesn't stop her from trying.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com