TheBanyanTree: Reading

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 11:32:33 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Monique Colver <monique.colver at gmail.com>wrote:

> She told me once that people who "decorated
> with books" were . . . I don't remember exactly, but it had something to do
> with being gauche and unfit for society. This after she'd visited my house,
> which had bookshelves in, of all places, the living room. I never
> considered
> it "decorating with books," I thought it was "having books," and they had
> go somewhere, didn't they?

I must say, I agree with your stepmother.  People who buy books to decorate
with are gauche.  People who buy bookshelves to store their books are not
gauche.  I have ... good grief, I don't even *know* how many shelves full of
books I have!  But I don't decorate with them, they are storage units.  In
fact, I'm pretty sure nobody would accuse my piles of mis-matched,
non-colour coordinated, shelved by genre, books, of being decorative.  :)

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com
wolfsinger at insightbb.com