TheBanyanTree: Reading

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 09:03:22 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Kitty <mzzkitty at sssnet.com> wrote:

> It's possible that my negligence may have adversely affected my children's
> enjoyment of reading.  Or perhaps it's just that they don't enjoy it as much
> as I do when done silently!

It's possible, but I read to my kids every single night, and usually half a
dozen times during the day, and Matt won't read a book now unless it's got
recipes in it.  He just doesn't enjoy reading.  He used to tell us that he
couldn't read fast enough to make it enjoyable, then he went to visit his
then girlfriend, and they (three or four of them) were reading something
together.  He would try to turn the page, and they would all shout and yell,
because they were only half done with the page, so he figured out that's not
the problem.  ;)  His reading comprehension is amazing, he just really does
not *like* reading. So, I don't push it.  Rob, on the other hand, reads
constantly, just like his mom and dad.  Unless, of course, he's playing a
video game. :)

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com