TheBanyanTree: Writing a Query

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:46:36 PDT 2011

Ah, so they would have you believe. True, it's much more likely something
will happen if you have a name, and a platform, or if you've murdered
someone, or made a sex tape. But I know a few agents, I've talked to them at
conferences, and some have asked me to send a query, and they go to
conferences in order to find writers with a book(s) to sell. They want good
new writers.

I am a good writer. Ergo, they'd be happy to have me, once I find a good
fit.

They receive so many queries and proposals and letters every day that it's a
daunting task just to weed through it, and the trick is to find the right
agent/publisher for whatever it is I'm doing. But I see it happen with
people I know all the time. Maybe it won't for me, too soon to tell, but it
might.

Monique Colver