TheBanyanTree: Writing a Query

spoonoid spoonoid at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 18 05:39:13 PDT 2011

Monique:

Incredible -- is the word I would use to describe the lack of interest the
agents and editors express for an unknown author's manuscript. They want to
concentrate on writers with a proven audience or a "platform," which means you
are already famous, are a celebrity, politician, or criminal.
Self-publishing today is much more respectable than it was a few short years
ago. But watch out for vanity publishers and respectable looking
"self-publishers." Read the book "The Fine Print of Self-Publishing" by Mark
Levine.

Later, John.