TheBanyanTree: Happy Veterans Day

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 11:37:11 PST 2011

In a message dated 11/11/2011 1:18:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
monique.colver at gmail.com writes:

I know,  I’ve been told many times that “they” make more than I do, that
“they”  could work if they wanted to, and that “they” will just spend any
handouts  frivolously.

I also have doubts about the cardboard hoard. There was a local tv  show
recently, where a few of the roadside "homeless" were interviewed. Yes,  some
were able-bodied, and bragged that on a good day they could collect in the
range of $300.00. Some are scammers.  Some are addicts.  Some are  lazy.
Some are truly needy. Some are beaten down veterans.

My best friend is a veteran of Viet Nam.  She was an RN there, and  when
they ran out of soldiers, she was sent to the front, and when they ran out  of
officers, she was put in charge. A nurse, officer over a bunch of armed
teenagers, none of them knowing where they were or what they were supposed to
do, other than stay alive.  Her stories are horrendous.

She came back alive, but exposed to whatever they were spraying at that
time, in that location. She has life-threatening health problems, cancer,
heart  failure, respiratory issues, diabetes, and the govt says, "I'ts not our
fault."  She served ten years, and now has no help for all her issues. Non
but friends  who assist physically and financially.  Without a little help
from her  friends, she, no doubt, would have a cardboard sign along a roadway.
So, yes, I  give my handy cash when I can.

It is to her and others like her I give my recognition, my thanks, and my
prayers, and whatever help I can.  Thank you, my dearest friend, for all
that you suffer and suffered, for the horrible memories, for all the ailments,
 for the nightmares, for the shameful way you and your brothers-in-arms
were  treated upon your return. Thank you for your unending spirit, for your
boundless joy, for your friendship.  You are priceless.

Nance