TheBanyanTree: We’re All Aging

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 10:11:01 PDT 2011

On 25 Jun 2011 at 20:37, paul wrote:

> But
> hey, R read some Expert that said you shouldn't start training a dog until
> it is six months old.  So I'm WAY ahead of that curve.

Did you know that ANYbody can write a book and say they're an expert at
something?

I always start training my puppies the day I bring them home.  Kona was
completely housebroken before she was three months old.  She knew
dozens of commands by then, too.

Maya took a little longer, but she's not quite the genius Kona is.  Maya was
5 months before she was trustworthy in the house, and she took quite a bit
longer to learn "roll over".  To be fair, "roll over" is probably not one of the
commands that comes naturally to a dog.  But she was completely trained
by the time she was 6 months old.  I shudder to think what would have
happened if I hadn't even *started* training until 6 months.  Sheesh.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com
http://wolfsinger.wordpress.com