TheBanyanTree: A memory

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 05:03:57 PDT 2011

Those lives we have touched live on in us everytime we remember. Vets more
than most, I suppose, because of the times they shared. Trauma and violence
and  danger bring people together more closely than do good times.  How
many  times might we have neighborhood cookouts and regard those in attendance
as  "friends", yet if there is a neighborhood disaster, and all gather
together to  do battle to that time, they become "brothers and sisters". Whenever
those who  have joined to survive get together, they look at one another
and say "remember  that time?" even if never in spoken words.

I was never in a war, but had relatives and friends who were. I recognize
that bond between them, and ,though I never shared their war, I also cannot
watch a parade of veterans, witness their inner tears, and  help but catch
the edge of their bond.

Thank you, Russ, and all your comrades.
NancyLee