TheBanyanTree: Holy Mother of God!

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 08:52:52 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/25/2011 10:27:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
russ.doden at gmail.com writes:

Great  story Sachet!  Anyone who has ridden a motorcycle in the rain  can
appreciate it.

My Bro-in-law many moons ago had an Indian he rebuilt.  He rode  it out to
our place to show it off, and it was a mighty BEAST. He wanted to give  me a
ride. "Go ahead," Hubby said. Little did I know he was too skeered to go,
himself. Off we went, me riding behind the Bro-in-law, hugging tight, cuz
that  Indian had some power she did. We lived on a gravel road and we spun
grit,  raised a cloud of sand, wheelied to the county line and sent some cows
bawling  and arunnin. He writ our names in the gravel of that road, sashying
and  dosie-a-doin until that cloud raised up like a mighty storm. I was too
skeered  to scream, too skeered to let go even after we got home and
stopped, so skeeered  I wet the seat of thet mighty bike and swore never again.

Later that day, after bro-in-law left for home, we heard he laid thet
Indian down on the freeway going a hunnert-n-something. Took him awhile to grow
some bottom back, and cracked his helmet.

The next year, he rebuilt an old aeroplane and asked if I wanted to take a
whirl to Canada. Betcha I said no.

Nance