TheBanyanTree: Our Family: The Motion Picture

Jeri Xiques jer.x at vownet.net
Fri Jan 28 21:39:31 PST 2011

I would ask for Meryl Streep for me.  Love her!

Several years ago (when I was skinnier) I was shopping in a local shop and
two tourist ladies were there too.  I had my longish hair up in a french
twist, and one of them told me that I looked just like Meryl Streep.  I said
thank you, and she asked, "You aren't REALLY her, are you??"  Then to her
friend, she said, "Don't you think she looks like Meryl Streep?"  Friend
glanced at me and said matter of factly, "No."

Fast forward a few years to one of my high school reunions.  Coming out of
the church where the memorial service for deceased classmates was held, the
husband of one of my classmates looked at me (again, my hair was up) and
told me I looked very much like Meryl Streep.  I thanked him, and then his
wife joined him, looking rather teed off that he was talking to me.  He
asked her if she didn't think I looked like MS; she gave me a dirty look and
again, "No!"

hehe...so yeah, I want Meryl Streep :)

Jeri

Subject: Re: TheBanyanTree: Our Family: The Motion Picture

Lol - we've done this also.  General consensus is Candace Bergen for me,
Dustin Hoffman for Bob (a Jerry Garcia look-alike, so it's not looks) :) -
except he says if they ever did a movie of his life, he'd be a supporting
role.

At least it's nice your aunt got a suggestion that felt comfortable for her!
:D
Jana