TheBanyanTree: I have created a superb sledding area

Jena Norton eudora45 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 9 09:36:57 PST 2011

Ah, memories! Somewhere, I have a picture of me, the intrepid sledder, along
with 2 neighborhood kids. I'm 22 or 23, they're maybe 10. We had a fabulous
snowfall plus a bit of ice around Atlanta and my father brought me home a
sled. Guess he got tired of trash can lids getting dented when used as
make-do sleds.

There I am, in my red corduroy coat, faux fur hat, jaunty scarf, and boots,
holding my sled. We had the perfect street for sledding--down my driveway,
turn left, and fly to the bottom of the hill. There was an incline and
snowbanks of sorts on the right and left, so you had a safety zone. But if
you were really brave (or stupid), you could steer toward a clear area, jump
the ditch, and go over underbrush disguised as moguls.

I remember a date called to confirm our date was cancelled due to weather
and my father said I couldn't come to the phone because I was out sledding
with the kids.

Thanks for bringing back great memories, Sachet! Unfortunately, I lost the
sled in a divorce a few years later.

Jena Norton