TheBanyanTree: Valentine Fever

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 09:20:03 PST 2011

Margaret,

I agree about the kids being over-scheduled these days. Whatever happened
to street games, when everyone in the neighborhood would to join a game  of
kick the can or baseball or just to show off our bike prowess?

 "I have to take her to her  ballet/karate/archery/yoga/skating/gymnastics
classes." and "she's" three years  old.

they're playing organized sports with playoff and championships buy the
time they're seven.

high school sports is the gateway to college scholarships, and by the time
they're out of college, they're "old".  Namath was a crippled old man could
 barely walk by the time he was 44.

Whatever happened to childhood and fun?

and Valentine's Day?  That's for Hallmark. I get cards and gifts and
flowers, but those I love most are gone or far away. I have no friends close
enough in heart for sleepovers. My Valentine no longer answers his cell  phone.
 All I can do is call and hear the message, and that's not nearly  enough.

I guess the love in my memory is enough.

NancyLee