TheBanyanTree: Speaking of . . .

John spoonoid at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 1 04:09:31 PST 2011

While walking past the adult beverage section in my local grocery store, I saw a big yellow display of Shiner Bock, a premium beer. Well, if that don't bring back the memories. Shiner Bock was Youngblood's favored brew. She used to take her visiting friends to the local watering hole for a celebratory Shiner Bock, a Texas tradition for her lucky friends. Youngblood, of course, the nom de plume of one of our favorite people from days gone by, from the days of the Spoon.

So I purchased a six-pack of Shiner Bock and went home to look her up on the computer. My personal computer files from the old days on The Spoon are buried somewhere on the hard drive in forgotten locations of long-obsolete applications that no longer work under my current version of the operating system.

I tried googling Youngblood, stargazr at io.com, and Nanci Brasket. A lot of her stuff is still on the net. I took a stroll down memory lane. She left her mark on the lives of Spoon people, as well as the folks she knew in her own world. We never met in the real world, but she was a friend in cyberspace. She's been gone now more than 11 years, but still drops an occasional feather into the lives of those who remember.

She also made an excellent choice of beer.

Later, John.