TheBanyanTree: Full Moon-- danged if I can remember which one

Dale M. Parish parishdm at att.net
Sun Apr 17 21:59:38 PDT 2011

It's gonna be a short week-- mowed all day today and left a barrel of mud in the bottom of the shower when I finally got to rinse off.  We're hosting the whole fam damily Saturday for a mudbug boil.  The cound's almost to a dozen and half of 'em haven't replied yet, so I'll be hunting for a hundred pounds or more of crawfish this week.

Fed all the ants I could find a helping of Amdro today-- will need to go back and give 'em a second helping mid-week to be sure they aren't too numerous by Saturday.  For some reason, they seem to have an affinity for mounding up around the barbecue pits.  Not that anything is ever spilled there.

Chris had hosted a company picnic there at the pond last week, and the grass hadn't been mowed for far too long.  He had to go get a tractor to mow the first pass, and the lawn mower had a tough time cleaning up.  After I mowed the road ditches and shoulders with the Kubota, I got the Gravely and tried to do a finish job around the picnic areas, but there was so much grass left from last week that it was balling up and windrowing after the Gravley.  I ended up getting the little dump trailer and loaded all it would hold before I got most of it picked up.  If I leave it in the shop all week, it oughta be dry enough for a hay ride for the kiddies and provide that ole Easter bunny plenty of nesting material to lay her eggs.

Tuesday night, I would have class and not be able to get over before dark to give the ants their follow-up medications-- this Tuesday night's the Sigma Xi banquet and lecture, for which I have permission to attend if I bring my geology instruction a synopsis of the talk on paleoclimatology, which is one of her interests.  She did her masters thesis on sea transgressions and regressions in the North American craton during the Mesozoic.  This lecturer is going to relate what we see today with what we think we saw in the past and how they relate.

Wednesday, we have to go to the saw bones in Houston-- day off work for both of us.  When ever we make the trip to Houston, we try to visit the River Oaks Theater and take in a foreigh film if we can schedule it.  I haven't looked to see what's playing there yet this week.  That'll probably have to wait till Tuesday night after the banquet.

Which means that we'll have to get back to Orange County before dark if we wanna work at the pond any.  April 21 is San Jacinto Day, and I always take the floating holiday.  This year, since I've got to take off Wednesday to go to Houston and Friday's also a holiday, I will pass on taking San Jacinto day.  Seems almost scareligious not to take it, but they do pay me, so I guess I oughta give them three days this week.

Hugs,
Dale
--
Dale M. Parish