TheBanyanTree: Whew! It's September!

nancyiee at aol.com nancyiee at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 07:02:28 PDT 2010

Margaret,

I also made it to the Great Gettogether this a year.  In spite of a sprained knee, I managed to hobble from the overpass gate through Machinery Hill, the mini do nut and corn-on-the-cob places to the barns and "all you can drink" milk stand.  I could not come "home" without going to the Fair. My daughters and I stayed long enough to see a friend's daughter show her Quarter Horse, eat a turkey leg and a bucket of cookies, and watch a calf being born. My granddaughter rode the water ride, but, this year, I did not. I  could get in the raft fine, but was not certain I could get back out without the heft of the young men who took our tickets. On the other hand . . .perhaps I should have tried.

I'm glad you got your house back, and you start Fall with a clean slate and basement.  I am here until Wednesday, perhaps to go to the orchards over the MN River and pick some to take home with me. I am in Belle Plaine at my daughter's, and will spend the last few days between that town and other rurals, for all my kids are country kids now.

Take care, and find joy in the changing of the season.