TheBanyanTree: rain dance

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:42:43 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Sachet <MountainWhisper at att.net> wrote:

> Our neighbors and my husband think I'm crazy when I stand out in the rain
> and look up at the sky and let the rain fall on me. It's been so dry the
> past two weeks. Rain storms are so gentle here, as a rule. As a storm moves
> into our cove I can hear it approaching as it hits the leaves of the trees
> and I get to stand in smiling anticipation, waiting for those first drops to
> splash down on me. Why does it matter if I get soaking wet when it's this
> warm and the rain feels so good? Why hide in the house when there are such
> sensory delights to embrace?

Unless I am going to be going somewhere that lacks a change of
clothes, such as work, I often just let the rain fall on me.  It's not
going to kill me, and often, especially if it's been really hot, is
quite refreshing.

So you're definitely not alone in this.  I welcome a good storm now
and again, to get myself really and truly clean.

--
-Rob
trebro at gmail.com
Panel Patter: A Comics Review Blog