TheBanyanTree: The Paradelle

smack58 at nycap.rr.com smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 08:52:37 PST 2010

This was an exercise we were challenged with on my poetry site.  Thought maybe some of you might like to try it (my meager attempt is below the instructions):

Paradelle---The paradelle is a 4 stanza poem with a very strict line and
word format. In
the first three stanzas you will repeat lines 1 and 3 and then use all
of the words in line 5
and 6.
Line 1: A new line
Line 2: Repeat line 1
Line 3: A new line
Line 4: Repeat line 3
Line 5 & 6: Construct a line using ALL of the words from Lines 1 and 3
above.
Repeat this format for until you have three stanzas.
Final Stanza: ( a real challenge to write )
In the final stanza, you must use every word from the three previous
stanzas.

THE SUMMER MOON

The summer moon glows
The summer moon glows