TheBanyanTree: Grrrrrrrr . . .

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 11:02:08 PST 2010

In a message dated 3/6/2010 7:47:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
margaretkramer at comcast.net writes:

I  noticed one of my new gutters was smushed.  I’m sure while it was  buried
under a snow bank, one of them stopped on it and smushed it.   Well, that’s
great, because now I’ll have to get a new one.  It’s not  a big deal, but
it
is.

When I came back in the house, I swept out  the kitchen.  The minute it was
done, one of them came into the  kitchen, and then spilled potato chips all
over the  floor.

That is why, m'dear, we have children when we're young.

I'm up to ten grandkids; fortunately some are old enough to know better.
Another year or so and they'll be teenagers with all THAT baggage, but now, I
 can sort of see the kind of grownups they may be one day. I love them all,
but I  doubt I could live with them and not be their mother. Granny's don't
have the  clout.

However, that said, I may be a "mother" again. Some wise souls are bringing
 a hundred Haitian kids over (from  four orphanages that were ravished, and
 now the kids and their caregivers are living in the wilds of the streets.
Yes,  they have Haitian clearance to leave.) I voiced the soft opinion that
siblings  should try to remain together, so on that note, someone approached
me about  taking in three sisters, 9, 11, 13. I dunno if I'm up to it.  I
just got my  place all cleared out for a retirement home for one dog-infested
ol' gal.

NancyLee