TheBanyanTree: snake story

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 23:08:51 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/7/2010 9:41:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pyewood at pcug.org.au writes:

However  the snakes had gone
and none have been seen  since.

We have a huge variety of snakes here. The Black Racers, of course, are
good guys, and so I don't mind them sunning on the walkway. I also keep
miniature horses, which would surely succumb to a venomous snake bite. So, I
keep one billy goat with the horses. Goats hate snakes, and stomp them into
mush  whenever they can. They do occasionally catch a racer , but more often I
will  find a more dangerous kind, Water Moccasin, rattler, both big and
pygmy, and  Coral squished out in the pasture.  I also have a resident corn
snake of  great length, and I go great lengths to step around him when I
encounter him in  our outside the barn. They eat their weight in rats, etc, and so
have permit to  live here. I have also spotted a family of Indigo snakes,
rare here.   Beautiful snakes, those.