TheBanyanTree: [UpperBranches] new year

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Wed Jan 20 11:36:07 PST 2010

That's just beautiful, Mike.  And as usual I learn something from
your poems.  This time it was the identity of Wei Ying-wu.  I've read
some Li Po, which one source said was Wei Ying-wu's "near
contemporary", but now I'm very interested to read a translation of W
Y-w's poems by Red Pine.  I also read that W Y-w and contemporaries
influenced American poets such as William Carlos Williams, who is one
of my favorites.  Thanks friend, for the beautiful poem, and the
inspiring research prompt.  Roll on, drink on, sing on.

Julie