TheBanyanTree: Simon and Lilli

Kitty mzzkitty at sssnet.com
Sat Jan 9 14:15:07 PST 2010

Sitting on the desk beside my computer are several mementoes received from e-list friends.  Slap up against the desk sits the "cat tree" for Simon and Lilli, five-month-old sibling kittens.

Soon after the cats came to the condo, I would find some of those tokens on the floor beside the desk.  It started with the fluorescent pink feathered flamingo pen that Lilli was hell-bent on defeathering.  (That task has now been accomplished.  I've purchased more feathers and will be attaching them soon so her play can continue.)  And many of those things that I used to find on the floor beside the desk are being moved into other rooms.

The other day I thought I heard the cats playing.  I'd assumed Simon and Lilli were wrestling.  I was wrong.  When I looked, I saw that it was just Simon.  He was either loving or killing the little koala that I'd been given.  The koala and his once glued-on hat had been separated.

Also on the desk is a flamingo pot hanger that I seated in clay.  From its neck hangs a small pink elephant.  Now I frequently find the pot hanger on the floor beside the desk.  The elephant will be found as far from the desk as Simon carries it.  A few days ago, only seconds after I returned the elephant and flamingo to the desk, the elephant was back on the living room floor.

If you have a cat, have you discovered the joy they get in playing with the plastic ring to which plastic bottle caps are attached?  If not, pry one off and toss it in the cat's direction.  Simon and Lilli *love* batting them around or carrying them.  Eventually I'll have to pull out the stove and remove the accumulating ring collection.

All is quiet right now.  Evidently they're both taking naps.  This would be a good time to gather the toys they have strewn through the condo and put them in their basket of toys -- or back on my desk.

Kitty
mzzkitty at sssnet.com
kcp-parkplace.blogspot.com
parkplaceohio.com