TheBanyanTree: introduction

Jakob Straub flachrattenmann at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:05:24 PST 2010

Jim Miller wrote:
> Jake,
>
> Interesting, dredging memories. I had forgotten what the tech problems were.
> I don't remember what my son (Dave) recommended, but Linux would have made
> sense as he is a big fan and user. (Ironic since he now works for
> Microsoft). As I recall, I got the three of us together on ICQ. Now there is
> an application you don't hear much about anymore.
>
> It's good to see you again. Life is a grand adventure and all of us here
> will be excited to share it with you.
>
> Jim

Jim,

sorry for the late reply. Linux makes sense in a lot of situations -
speaking of icq, I still log into that every day using a Linux
multi-protocol IM client. I have a real short UIN because I've kept my
very first one from a long time ago when instant messaging was new and
synonymous with icq.

Oi, life is a grand adventure indeed! I'm glad to be here and share it -
with you all... :)

Keep writing,
Jake.

--
If you read, you'll judge; If you write, you'll invent.