TheBanyanTree: halfway there

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 19 06:47:06 PST 2010

Quoting NancyIee at aol.com:

> I feel your every ache.  But, keep it up. It won't kill, but only  makes us
> tougher

"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."  I decided some time ago
that if I ever get a tattoo, this is what it will say.  Don't know if
I'll ever get a tattoo, but I might someday.  Maybe that is part of the
psychology of my running--an outward expression of my inner life.
There have been emotional challenges that have threatened to destroy
me, but here I am, mostly all of a piece.  I've put in the grueling
miles, climbed the hill, and put the challenge behind me, for the most
part, like a crossed finish line.  And then plan to do it better, with
more grace and less pain next time.

Julie