TheBanyanTree: snow, snow, and more f'ing snow

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:39:07 PST 2010

Were you talking Vancouver, as in me, or Vancouver, as in Olympics? Because
here in my Vancouver, we've had no snow this year. Wait. One day I did see a
few flakes that melted as soon as they hit the ground. Last year we had a
fabulous week or two of snow. It was very pretty, there was panic in the
streets, and I stayed inside and watched it from afar. I can do that because
I work at home. It was pretty. I was hoping for more this year, but so far,
nada. Only rain.

I've lived in snow plenty of times. North Dakota. Wisconsin. Places where
there's no panic just because of snow, everyone just goes about their
business. I've shoveled more snow than I care to remember. I'm happy with
not doing that now, but I occasionally I do miss the snow. It makes
everything so bright. There's just not the same effect with rain.

I lived in Louisiana and one time we had snow. Not a lot, but enough to make
everything white and fluffy. The entire city closed down. No one knew what
to do, and they weren't equipped. So we, the hardy northerners, went out,
drove around the deserted town, and played.

Monique
Snowless south of Vancouver BC

--
Monique Colver