TheBanyanTree: Obits

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 19:17:10 PST 2010

> Being "the area's favorite bartender is even better than
> being the mayor."

A hundred times over.  This woman was loved.  I can hear
thirsty Coos Bay fishermen asking "Where's Dee tending
tonight?"

I'll bet there was always some engaging conversation going
on in her bookstore and that Mike Pingleton's Poems From
Turtle Island was easy to find there.  She left a review in her
own inimitable style titled Turtles All The Way Down, on Amazon.
"These poems have muscle, folks, and juiciness you can't help
but chew and savor."

This beautiful woman, long in our midst, lived and loved with
gusto.

Cheers, Dee!