TheBanyanTree: introduction

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 3 07:47:16 PST 2010

Quoting Jakob Straub <flachrattenmann at googlemail.com>:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm new to the list. My name is Jake. I came across the Banyan Tree
> mailing list before and might have been a subscriber for a brief time,
> albeit only a lurking one. I like the format of a mailing list for
> reading other people's writing and sharing my own.

Welcome Jake.  Poems?  Did you say poems?  We can always use more poems
around here.  I think we all look forward to a new voice.  I've not
been a very active list member for several years, suffering from too
much computer code monkeying and too little creative outleting.
Outleting--I'm sure it's a word.  But I've been challenging myself on
several fronts lately.  Physically, to turn myself back into a runner
who can run long distances again.  Mentally, to rediscover the woman
who used to write from some place deep inside on a regular basis.  I
don't want to be my 25 year old self.  I want to be the woman who is
nearly twice that age but has a tiddly bit of that 25 year old self
shining out of my wrinkly little eyes.  And write about how that feels.

Welcome.

Julie