TheBanyanTree: Cognitive Behavorial Therapy

Dave dseaman77 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 07:14:40 PST 2010

My big thing for my session with Julie was how recently I had to drudge up the past with
another psychologist for a disability claim. And I'm assuming through the process that I'll be
doing that more often. She calls it picking at the scabs and felt sorry that I had to go
through that.

The history of my acting out is recent, but I stay present and move on without looking back. My
dilemma is, should I be working on these issues with my recent past? I don't go any where near
implicit details in my journal. It would make me look freakier than usual, and I just want to
move on.

When asked if I need to work on this Julie said that I already have. I don't know if that is
correct. Seems like if it bothers me so then I haven't come to terms with it. I know what she
is doing. She wants to keep me far away from my recent past for reasons of safety, especially
since my I'm not very far removed from my adventures.

This goes against my spiritual training. Or maybe I just must work on my shadows in the
healthiest way possible. I'm confused.

Dave Seaman