TheBanyanTree: Reflections

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 05:39:21 PST 2010

In a message dated 12/17/2010 7:20:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pyewood at pcug.org.au writes:

Vale  Tourmaline, 1988-2010

Tourmaline, you were the undisputed leader of our  tiny herd. You led the
way in all things. At your lead they grazed and  wandered the whole of
our fifteeen acres freely and  undisturbed

I am sorry for your loss, and if anyone seeing this says, 'it was only an
animal', does not understand the deep connection we have with our critters.
They  are family.

Here, in Florida, there are several alpaca small farms, some with
accompanying emu. I stop and visit a friend, and always walk to the fenceline to
admire and talk to her critters. Dog, cat, parrots, cattle, alpaca, they are
all  part of our lives, and loved, petted, cared for, and sadly missed when
they are  gone.

A well-written and touching story. Thank you for sharing.

NancyLee