TheBanyanTree: gardening

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 22:58:33 PDT 2010

On 23 Apr 2010 at 23:54, Sachet wrote:

> Now I'm trying to figure out how to make a pea trellis
> that looks nice. ;-)

I love that - I think more folks should plant decorative edible borders!

Make your pea trellis invisible.  Stake those tall plant hooks out and hang
hummingbird feeders or potted plants or windchimes on the hooks.  Then
take the big, thick, monofilament fishing line and criss-cross it between
them.  It's invisible (tell family it's there so they don't walk into it!) until the
peas start to grow, then they climb up it.  It looks like the green vines are
suspended in mid-air.

Just a thot.  :)

--
Laura