TheBanyanTree: Comments/Critique

Gloria burns.gloria at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 09:10:08 PDT 2010

Pat, you know I've enjoyed reading your posts from other lands.
Traveling vicariously and seeing the land, people, culture, through
your eyes has expanded this small town gal's world immensely.  Thank
you for that!

Hanley... A friend and I traveled to Traverse City, Michigan, for a
day of discovery.  We wanted to find a new restaurant, wander the
unique downtown shops, just enjoy a girl's day out.  What we found was
Michael Moore's "State" theater and a free film!  Who wouldn't want to
take in a movie on a cold, blustery day, right?!  That movie changed
both of our lives forever.  It was the story of Hanley and the
beginning of Safe Passage.  The film director and others that knew
Hanley shared their stories as well.  The site of those Guatamalens
(?) living in that monstrous landfill is still embedded in my mind.
Hanley on a mission to help, has not left my mind either.  Safe
Passage is a wonderful organization!  On the way out, I bought a
postcard with a picture of the old landfill and a necklace with the
Safe Passage logo.  I've thought about volunteering ever since.  While
volunteering didn't work out for you, I'm happy that Hanley's legacy
continues.

I'm excited about your writing a book!

Gloria...who only dreams about the things you've accomplished