TheBanyanTree: Comments/Critique

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 08:48:49 PDT 2010

I have always looked forward to your tales of your adventures in
far-away places, Pat.  You have so many good stories of your time in
Guatemala that I think you should include those, too.  Starting with
China is kind of beginning in the middle of the story - What happened in
your life all those years ago that made you even think about going to
Guatemala to help with these children?  What happened along the way to
your marriage?  What were the experiences in Guatemala that made you
want to continue doing it?  I think you need to expand your vision about
the story.  I know that the China experience is more immediate to you,
but it needs some foundation.  Of course I'm saying this, knowing that
there is all that rich past to relate, but starting with China feels
like taking a plunge into ice water if the reader doesn't know more
about what you experienced that lead you up to this.

I anticipate more good stories.

Theta