TheBanyanTree: It was Sash's idea

paul paul at remsset.com
Sat Apr 17 16:13:29 PDT 2010

I started this post Feb 4.  Some stuff might be dated.  ;)

===============

I'm all cried out.

As much as I love Dee, I'm just wiped out by Wilma.  Hell, finding a
gnawed-to-death toy or scrap of a bone under the sofa gets me crying.
again.  and again.

Yeah, I know.  Deal With It Like A Man.  She's Just A Dog.  whatever.
Kiss my ...  I'm really missing my Wilma puppy.

When I saved YB's site, it was easy.  Mostly relative links into a few
folders.  Pretty much how my site is arranged.

I'm glad I saved YB's site.  At the time I caught some flack for doing
so, but now IO.com is gone.

Dee's site, on Blogger, is different.  For extra fun the code is like
over cooked egg noodles.  And then it's had a potato masher taken to it.

Speaking of pasta, http://remsset.com/pasta/ ...

I asked the WD list.  Httrack was recommended by a few folks.  So was
wget.  I used Httrack.  There was something for the Mac, but, eh.

I sicced Httrack onto Dee's site.  Bleh, Blogger has a nasty filthy file
structure.  But.  After an hour or so, I think I have it.

It needs a bit of tweaking.

Comments are still on Blogger.  No big deal.  If you know a fix, LMK.

348 MB and 4385 files in 3277 folders (fuck, Blogger is sloppy!)(yeah, I
already said that), I *think* I have it captured.  I really don't know
yet but this seems excessive....  3277 folders?

Not everything works exactly like I want.  Yet.  There are empty folders
and folders six deep where _A_ picture is on another server.  So, there
is some clean-up needed.

But really, if I have the site captured, so what about the empty
folders.  Right?  I don't want to or have time to recode the entire site.

Httrack inserted a page that appears for a few seconds.  Haven't figured
how to trash that feature... I don't see a meta-refresh tag.

Anyway, play and poke.  Report errors off-list.

As for me, I'm missing a good friend and a big sister.  We'll catch up
someday.  Wilma will kick Ralph's ass /and/ then take care of the
bunnies in the garden.  But Dee knows all that.  :)  Everything is cool.

http://remsset.com/~stargazr/

http://remsset.com/Coffee Bean Goddess/  (not sure about that link.  It
has spaces.  My bad.)

paul

--
    http://remsset.com

    People will accept your ideas much more readily if
    you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.